Monday, July 2, 2012

Réseau Express Régional

 l'homme au Denfert Rochereau

In France, pedestrians don't have the right of way. Although when it comes to traffic, Paris seems to be a lawless land. Traditionally, I always considered red lights as a deterrent for hurdling yourself into peak traffic. Such is not the case for the Parisian driver. This would have been helpful to know prior to my embarking into the streets. It also makes more sense as to why I almost got run over three times even when the pedestrian sign went green. If the decision came down to picking a Smart Car, a Razor Scooter, a Vespa, the bus, or the metro, I'd pick the RER every time. Does that make me a bonafide "metro rat"? 


Humor aside, I like the RER. Crozet should maybe look into investing in one. Call it: La Madeleine





No comments:

Post a Comment